Junk food is a term, applied to some foods that is unhealthy and has low or poor nutritional value. Junk food is a term foods are high in fat, sodium and sugar. This is not great stuff to put in our body!
Junk food consumption leads to obesity, and a series of attendant health problems, including diabetes, heart disease and arthritis.
FAQ’s: What’s Junk Food Made Of?What is junk food to you? I gave it up for lent and I’m having cravings…….What can I or cannot eat?
- Junk food is a term describing food that is unhealthy and/or has poor nutritional value, according to the Food Standards Agency (UK). The term is believed to have been coined by Michael Jacobson, director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, in 1972. The term has since become common usage. Junk food often contains high levels of saturated fat, salt, or sugar and numerous food additives such as monosodium glutamate and tartrazine; at the same time, it is lacking in proteins, vitamins and fibre, among other healthy attributes. It is popular with suppliers because it is relatively cheap to manufacture, has a long shelf life and may not require refrigeration. It is popular with American consumers because it is easy to purchase, requires little or no preparation, is convenient to consume and has lots of flavor. Consumption of junk food in America, has been associated with obesity, heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and dental cavities. There is also concern about the targeting of marketing to children. Eat vegetables with dips almonds pistachos!!!
- Anything edible that has not only no redeemable nutritional value but has things in it that are bad for your body and things that you would be getting too much of if you ate it.
- junk food is the food that give u cravings….the food u like to snack on that have a bunch of artificial ingredients and are totally changed either extracted or formed into sumthing else….basically junk is everything except for fruit and vegetables…..
- First of all your religious beliefs should have no bearing on what you eat and when you eat. Second, junk food is usually food that is high is sugar, fat, carbohydrate, and therefore does not stay in your system long enough to maintain energy for up to 6 hours before having your next meal.
- Junk food to me is food that has absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever and is intended for pure indulgence. My latest indulgence in junk food (since being 4 mos. pregnant) is Oreo snack cakesters…they are so yummy! As far as what you can or can’t eat depends on how specific you were with your decision to give up “junk food” and how dedicated you are to holding true to it. Granola bars, fruit, pretzels, yogurt, etc. are all healthy snacks with nutritional value that might help to curb your cravings for junk and still not sabotage lent.
Clever junk food advertising and the Lure of convenience in addition to taste get people to junk food addiction. Awareness on junk food facts is lacking dramatically in every part of the society. Here are some useful tips to stop junk foods.
Try to maintain regular meals and do not skip breakfast. Also, drink lots of water. Whenever you have a junk food urge, just take out the water bottle and have a couple of sips.
Learn how to make delicious and healthy meals at home, with a view to watch your junk food health. This way, you will be more pleased with the taste of your cooking than the taste of junk food. Ask relatives or friends for cooking recipes, look up recipes online, buy cook books, or take cooking lessons.
Can you eat some junk food or…you can eat some junk food, I mean, if you eat too much junk food it will make it harder to get rept. You will not get strong when you eat junk food. But if you want to get fit you gotta realize this, if you want to get good looking, you might wanna mind how much junk food you eat.
The easiest way to that is find some replacement for the junk food like the Twinkies try to find replacements or try to eat your junk food at various times for example. You might wanna eat your junk food after a big workout.
Educate yourself better on junk food. Sart with your brain. Reading, researching, watching any information about how fat adversely affects your body. Ask yourself the question’How long do you wish to live? ‘ And ‘what do you want to do with your life’ Life is more than simply about eating…
Whether you want to play a competition, or simply want to grow your muscles, here’s more information on what you’ve got to eat.
Start exercising. Sports will pump endorphins, the natural morphine in the body, to circulate throughout the body. With exercise, you so have little time to eat. To reduce the urge to eat chocolate or sweet foods after a big meal, try a walk in the house for a moment.
Use exercise to reduce boredom and stress. Give yourself more energy and make yourself feel good. Some people consider effort to become a bad word but if you exercise regularly you’ll probably like it a lot. People do not just exercise for the end result. They exercise because it makes them happy. I like walking in the forest, biking to beaches and working out while watching TV. Don’t let other people tell you what exercises to do. Try a lot of different exercises and stick with the people you like until you get bored with them.
Control yourself. Sometimes you will be tempted to eat junk food. Control yourself. Think No one wants to have health problems, no one wants to feel tired and drained and nobody wants to die young. Eating junk food or achieving your goal? Don’t say you do not care. You do, I know you do. You know what you ought to be doing.
Creating an environment that will help ensure your success. If you want to stop eating junk food, you are likely to fail if your kitchen is full of junk foods to begin with! So get rid of these junk foods from your cupboards, pantry, freezer, and fridge, and do not buy them anymore.